GDN’s 2018 Annual Report provides information about its thriving activities, outputs, results, and impact.
In 2018, GDN has
- completed two major global research programs on industrial productivity
- built new partnerships to address the challenges of climate change adaptation in ways that better combine research and action
- convened its global development conference in New Delhi on the challenges and promises of science, technology and innovation for development
- distributed its annual global development awards
- selected and trained talented researchers to evaluate impact investments
- partnered with research institutions from a demand-led perspective to strengthen their capacities
- started proof-of-concept 'Doing Research' assessments in a few countries, with a view to scale up this ambitious program which systematically documents social science research systems in developing countries, and
- launched the GlobalDev blog as a platform for developing country researchers interested in discussing policy insights informed by good academic research.