Building on the successes and lessons learnt from the pilot round in 2012, GDN launched a second round of the GRC in mid-2013. Through an open call for applications, GDN received 131 submissions from 72 countries, of which 24 percent where from low income countries. Through internal and external screenings, five research proposals were selected that traverse a range of topics.
Theme 1: Inclusive and Sustainable Growth
- RATHI, Sambhu (India), VERMAAK, Claire (South Africa) – ‘The impacts of rural electrification on labour market outcomes in developing countries: Evidence from India and South Africa.’
- RUFFO, Hernán (Argentina), PAJUSTE, Anete (Latvia) – ‘Worker reallocation and wage dynamics during deep recessions.' Download the Working Paper Here
- SAN, Vibol (Cambodia), VIN, Spoann (Cambodia), WANG, Chunhua (China) - 'Environmental regulation, FDI location and regional development: Evidences from Cambodia and China.'
Theme 2: Food Security
No grantees selected under the theme.
Theme 3: Political, Economic and Social Transition
- BAYKAL, Gokce (Turkey), LUNA, Juan (Uruguay), ZUCCO, Cesar (Brazil) - 'Are conditional government transfers a politically acceptable form of redistribution?' Download the Working Paper Here
- VELICHKOVSKI, Igor (Macedonia), STOJKOV, Aleksandar (Macedonia), RAJKOVIC, Ivana (Serbia) – 'Reconnecting the peripheral wagons to the euro area core locomotive.’ Download the Working Paper Here
Find out more
For further information contact Ramona Angelescu, Director of Programs