The Global Development Awards Competition is an innovative award scheme administered by GDN, funded under the Policy and Human Resources Development Fund (PHRD), managed by the World Bank, and generously supported by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan.
The theme of the 2022 edition is ‘Post-COVID-19 Governance - Learning from challenging circumstances to build better governance systems’ and will feature two categories :
A competitive research grant program that identifies and funds outstanding research proposals that have a high potential for excellence in research and clear policy implications for addressing development issues in low and middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank)
A competitive grant program that supports non-profit Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in low or lower-middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank) to recognize the innovative approach of their projects.
About this edition
The 2022 edition is the first of the recently approved renewal of this program up to the 2024 edition with a six-year implementation. A few novelties have been introduced to enhance the impact of this initiative, in order to benefit the target group, consisting of researchers, NGOs and the marginalized communities from low and middle-income countries. These include:
- A new ‘Connector Grant’ category for close collaborations between ORD and MIDP/JSDF winners on impact and its determinants
- Technical advisors or mentors for the MIDP winners
- An impact report per edition
- Updated award amounts
- For the ORD category - Second prize from USD 10,000 to 20,000; Third prize from USD 5,000 to 10,000
- For the MIDP category - First prizes from USD 20,000 to 50,000; Second prize from USD 5,000 to 25,000
- Capacity building activities before the Awards Competition to support applicants and strengthen project design, development, and writing skills
Find more details about:
Last date for application is 6 January 2023. To know more about the previous editions of the Awards Competition, click here.