This year’s competition features two categories: the Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development 2021 and the Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project 2021 (in three themes).
In total, over 101 applications were received for this year’s awards. 12 finalists - three for each theme of the MIDP category and three for the ORD category were then selected through a multistage review process.
The finalists will present their development projects (for MIDP finalists) and research proposals (for ORD finalists) to a high-level jury which will decide the final ranking for each category/theme in parallel sessions at the Global Development Conference 2021 | Evidence for Development.
Here they are: the finalists of the Global Development Awards Competition 2021!
Theme: International Trade and Biodiversity | Session time: October 25 - 10:30-12:00 CET | Join (free) via www.gdn.int/evidence4dev
Abdul-Hanan Abdallah, University for Development Studies
Implication of Large-scale Agricultural Investment on Biodiversity: Evidence from Mixed-Method Study of Farm Households in Northern Ghana
Chukwuka Onyekwena, Centre for the Study of the Economies of Africa (CSEA)
Evaluation of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) on Africa’s Biodiversity
Roger Merino, Universidad del Pacifico - Research Center (CIUP)
Global Amazon: Harmonizing Development Visions and Multi-scalar Interventions in the Building of a Pluriversal Governance
Theme: Quality Urban Infrastructure and Community-driven Governance | Session time: October 22 - 15:45-17:15 CET | Join (free) via www.gdn.int/evidence4dev
- International Transformation Foundation (ITF) A Water Kiosk at School - Karugia Secondary School
- Bal Raksha Bharat (Save the Children India) Dream Accelerator Project
- Clean up Nepal Expansion Nepal Waste Map: Community-empowered Governance
Theme: Community-driven, climate-related, disaster risk reduction in rural areas | Session time: October 25 - 8:00-9:30 AM CET | Join (free) via www.gdn.int/evidence4dev
- CII Foundation/Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Cleaner Air Better Life - Crop Residue Management Project
- Dufatanye Organization Expansion of Villages of Hope in Two Villages in Nyanza District, Rwanda
- International Aid Services Kenya (IAS K) Capacity-building of Local Community Against Climate Change and Improved Livelihood, Tharaka North County, Kenya
Theme: Universal Health Coverage and COVID | Session time: October 22 - 9:15-10:45 CET | Join (free) via www.gdn.int/evidence4dev
- Kids Home Development Network Foundation Access to Healthcare for Migrant Families in Thai Construction Site Camps
- United Way of Mumbai India Establishing Infection Prevention & Control Mechanism in Public Hospitals
- Uninhibited India Hello Saathi