18 May 2012 | Lebanon
As part of its Global Policy Dialogue series, GDN co-organized a policy dialogue titled the ‘Road to Democracy’ with the American University of Beirut, at the American University of Beirut Campus, Lebanon. The Policy Dialogue assessed the prospects for democratic transition in the Arab region and lessons to be learnt from the recent uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt. This was done against the backdrop of the experience of democratic transformation in Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- DELLA PAOLERA, Gerardo, President, Global Development Network
- DI TELLA, Torcuato, Ambassador of Argentina to Italy
- EL-MIKAWY, Noha, Regional Representative for the Middle East and North Africa, The Ford Foundation
- LABIDI, Moez, Professor of Economics, University of Monastir, Tunisia
- VUJČIĆ, Boris, Global Development Network Board Member and Deputy Governor, Croatia National Bank