Latin America and the Caribbean: “Macroeconomic Volatility and Regional Fiscal and Monetary Policies the Caribbean” – Sebastian Auguste (Universidad Torcuato Di Tella) (Principal Investigator), Magdalena Cornejo (Universidad Torcuato Di Tella) and Anthony Birchwood (The University of the West Indies, Trinidad).
Pacific Region: “Growth Volatility in Pacific Island Countries: A Cross-Country Perspective” – Baljeet Singh (The University of the South Pacific, Fiji) (Principal Investigator), Biman Prasad (The University of the South Pacific, Fiji) and Hong Chen (The University of the South Pacific, Fiji).
- Prof. Patrick Guillaumont (President, FERDI and Emeritus Professor, University of Auvergne)
- Prof. Lekha Chakraborty (Assoc. Professor, NIPFP and Research Associate, Levy Institute of Economics of Bard College, New York)
Research and Results
Synthesis Paper on “Macroeconomic Volatility and Regional Fiscal and Monetary Policies in the Caribbean and Pacific Region” by Lekha Chakraborty (National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, India)
Latin America and the Caribbean
- “Vulnerability in Small Island Economies: The case of the Caribbean” by Sebastian Auguste (UTDT) & Magdalena Cornejo (UTDT).
- “Should MICRO ECONOMIES follow fiscal rules?” by Anthony Birchwood (UoWI).
- “Determinants of Growth Volatility in Small States: Empirical Evidence from a Panel Data Analysis” by Hong Chen (USP), Biman Chand Prasad (USP) and Baljeet Singh (USP).
- GDN Peer Review Workshop on "Macroeconomic Volatility and Regional Monetary and Fiscal Policies"; Venue: Regus, Paris Invalides, 103 Rue de Grenelle; May 13, 2014.
- Regional Policy Dialogue on “Macroeconomic Volatility and Regional Fiscal and Monetary Policies in the Pacific”; hosted by Oceania Development Network (ODN) and Faculty of Business & Economics, USP Fiji; July 24, 2014.
- Papers presented in Forum on the Future of the Caribbean: Disruptive thinking. Bold action. Practical solutions; 5-7th May 2015:
a.) Macroeconomic Instability in Small Island States by Dr. Anthony Birchwood in the session on Convergence of Ideas and Ideals.
b.) Vulnerability in Small Island Economies by Dr. Sebastian Auguste (written with Magdalena Cornejo) in the session on Building Resilience in Small Island Developing States (SIDS).