Image by the Global Development Network.
Here is a preview of the topics under discussion over the two and a half days of the conference.
Keynote, Plenaries & Sessions
- Twenty years of global development research and policy advice / Is the world getting better or worse? A look at the numbers
- From research to sustainable development action: how far have we come?
- A question of shared responsibility? Debating roles, processes and risks within the research – practice nexus
- Brokering rigorous evidence for sustainable development
- Global and shared challenges of sustainable development – what remains to be done?
- Next frontier challenges: Big Data, AI, Digital Transformation
- Knowledge architecture for fast-tracking sustainability: implications for research policies and funding
- Impact investment studies: when academia and the private sector interact
- Transnational knowledge cooperation for sustainable development
- Evaluating sustainability
- Doing Research | Assessing the environment for social science research in developing countries
Award | Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development
Report Launches | State of the SDGs by Southern Voice, Our Common Digital Future by United Nations University’s Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS)
- Climate engineering
- How far can we stretch? Economists vs planetary boundary analysis
Detailed agenda to follow. Watch this space.
Registrations SpeakersPartnersOrganizing CommitteeScientific CommitteeConference MascotConference FilmsConference BrochureCall for PapersCall for SessionsInternational Youth CompetitionAwardsConcept NoteLogistics